Sunday 8 July 2012

The "Marilyn Monroe Towers"

Amazing condo buildings are a common sight in Chicago, but who would expect to see such spectacular buildings in Mississauga, Ontario?  Well, it's only a half hour drive from Toronto and the past couple of years when I visited the Mississauga City Centre for an annual concert, I couldn't help but marvel at the way these two buildings look - the voluptuous shapes, alluring from every angle and particularly dazzling in late afternoon.  I'm sure if I had hung around for sunset, they would look stunning.   They won the Best Tall Buildings in the Americas prize in 2012, awarded by the Chicago-based Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat.  I will follow with some equally stunning Chicago buildings in the next posts.







3 comments:

  1. Great capture, Rarecat. I love these towers and I saw them for the first time only yesterday from the Gardiner. They look great from any distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys. It's taken a few years for them to complete the construction but this must be the 3rd year that I'd photographed them!

    ReplyDelete